Sunday, November 30, 2008

SUPRISE!!

It all started Nov. 5th 2008. I was working that day and seemed to feel extra bloated. I told Nathan when I got home that I was going to finally start my period after all I was done breastfeeding 2 months ago. The next morning Nov. 6th I was just about to put my nuva-ring in to promote my period and decided to take a pregnancy test.



SURPRISE!!! It was positive!!! I had a little freak out moment it was 7:30 in the morning and Nathan was getting ready for work. He was just as shocked as I was. I kept saying I just had a baby this can't be wright. As soon as the doctor's office opened I was the first one calling. I wanted to get an appointment ASAP. Since, I was unsure of how pregnant I was. They kept asking me my last menstrual cycle and I kept saying you don't understand I just had a baby 6 months ago and never had a period. I then told them I was looking really pregnant and I needed to see the doctor NOW. I am sure they thought I was over reacting. I went in for blood work that day.



The following day they called and confirmed my levels show I am pregnant. Now they wanted me to come back to the office in 3 days to get lab work again to make sure the levels increase and this is a good pregnancy. I went and the level went up 7,000. They still could not tell me how far along I was. Not knowing was the hardest part. I did not want to tell anyone yet because I was not sure how pregnant I was???



A couple of days after my lab work I started getting very nauseated and even had some emesiss(vomit)... I then started taking my zofran which does not seem to work. Finally on Nov. 24th the doctor saw me. I had an ultra sound and everything looks great I am between 8-9 weeks pregnant!!! I am so happy that the baby has a strong heart beat and everything looks good. Nathan and I are over the shock and excited to meet our new little edition. The due date might change after my next ultra sound depending on how the baby is growing. Expected Due date: July 8, 2009.



This means Hunter will be 14.5 months apart from his new sibling!! They will be best friends. That's all for now. I will keep everyone posted on the details!!

1 comment:

Holly and Brad said...

Are you kidding me??? Oh my gosh!!! I can't believe that! What a surprise for sure! I bet your mom is sooo excited. Will Cristin follow suit? Tell her to get on it ;) Three ring circus for sure! I'm so excited for you. I bet you'll be a much better mom than me, so you won't have to worry, but Chase and Tyson are 23 months apart and its definitely a handful ;) Keep us posted on how you are doing and how the pregnancy is going! Congratulations!

As for me, I just went and got an IUD 2 days ago...I just can't handle a surprise right now. But you're supermom...you can do it all!!